With shops being allowed to reopen from the 15th June and all the savings from being in lockdown to spend (jokes! I had too many takeaways and attended too many online courses) I take a look at where I’m most excited to visit in the city of Oxford for some summer pickups.
- Oxford skate co – This Independent skate shop is sat in the Covered Market and sells some absolute treats. Last time I was I was greeted by the owner who spent some good quality time talking through the origins of the shop and how they sourced their stock. I grabbed a DGK long sleeved tee which has become a personal favourite. I also can’t ignore the smells of both Ben’s Cookies and Colombia Coffee Roasters which sit just round the corner.
- Uniqlo – Known for their fashion fundamentals and fantastic collaborations, I’m looking to check out two of their recent collabs. Daniel Arsham x Pokemon and Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami, both of these are value ways to get on some hyped products. I’m hoping the Oxford store will have some of these in plus I’m really excited to see how they label their clothes. I’m in the process of deciding on labels and hem tags for my brand and want to see if they have physical labels, printed labels on the inside/outside and seeing and holding products in person is a great place to start.
- Truck Music Store – I know this isn’t a clothes shop but go support your local record store! They do have a nice tee and a tote bag to fill up with some new and preloved records. With such friendly staff, you will want to grab one of their coffee’s and chat to them all day. If you needed another excuse to pop down the Cowley Road then the ‘Love Your Record Store’ campaign should do the trick with limited releases out on June 20th 2020.
- Flannels – now don’t laugh, I know we (I) can’t afford everything in Flannels but it’s a great place to see what “high end” fashion is looking like. I like to get some ideas for outfits and it is one of the only places locally that stocks brands such as Off White, Balenciaga and Gucci. The novelty of security opening the door for me as I enter never gets old!
- Levi’s – a denim staple for most but I’m excited to see their summer range in person and if they have any of those cheeky Mario x Levi’s collection in store! My absolute dream scenario is when I walk in the store, to be greeted with the Golf Wang x Levi’s denim jacket from earlier this year. The multicoloured spots gives it Damien Hirst vibes but seems like a gem for the summer. Their summer collection has also just dropped with a marketing campaign fronted by Hailey Bieber and Jaden Smith. I think Levi’s have really stepped up in 2020 and excited to see their future collaborations.
Last but not least, stay safe and wear a mask!